Friday, October 28, 2011

Assignment 3-5

The peer review I had was fair and getting a different perspective was refreshing. I also believed that I would have to edit and rewrite some of the essay.

"September 1st of 2005 was a horrible day for most people in the aftermath of Hurricane Katrina. So much so, a writer by the name Josh Neufeld decided to write a comic about it called: ”A.D. – New Orleans: After the Deluge.” 


It was suggested this is not a very strong introduction. I will make the necessary changes to make this stronger by changing the wording to be more direct and clear and maybe adding a short phrase that signifies what Neufeld captured in his comic. An opening teaser to the rest of the essay.


It is also true that I need to work on my past and present tense. It is a little difficult to know what tense I should be writing in when I  recently read  the comic (2011) but the author wrote the comic in the past (2009) and the comic itself takes place further in the past (2005). I will work on this and try to remember that keeping the writing in an active form will allow me to have a grasp on which tense I should use.


I am sure with these things in mind that my writing style will flourish.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment